Here are some more favorite things of mine, in no particular order.
* My favorite food is avocados. But I discovered something I like better, even if it isnt something to eat. It is having someone else come clean for me! WOW. I could get used to this. And hope I can! Brenda came and cleaned and did a terrific job. Way better than I do. I need to have her come back soon.
* This fun little humming moth that we see often. Yes, it really is a moth, it just looks and flies and acts like a hummingbird. We saw our first one 2 years ago.
* Meeting more quilters! We had a group of hmm, maybe 10 ?? (I forgot to count) come today for a tour and visit. We do this little gig fairly often in our studio. A quilt group, guild, art group, school students, whatever…. someone calls and says they want to know what we do. So we invite them as a group of 15 or less and show them all sorts of things. Lots of traditional quilts, lots of art quilts, how the machine works, what we do, why we do it, who we are. It seems to be something others enjoy, and it is great for us. Really helps get the word out and is pretty cheap advertising. And a great way to meet new quilters. Thanks for coming ladies!
* Planning, designing and thinking through my next art quilt. At least now I have my color palette figured out. Hmm, any ideas where I am headed on this??
* And BEST of all today…. when it is 90F degrees and 70% humidity with a heat index of 97F ……. well the BEST thing is our 2 window air conditioners. One in the studio, one in the living room. Guess where I am camped??